Planning is essential when traveling by air. Planning ahead and taking some precautions can help minimize the problems. You will avoid problems, and have a hassle-free trip.
1. Book tickets with a reliable airline. You can also check if there are any discounts or specials. Verify that the ticket is for a confirmed reservation.
2. Check the size and weight of your luggage. Mark all luggage with the name of your travel date, flight number, contact number, and address. You should pack your bags and lock them safely. Create two key sets.
3. Pack documents, your passport, medications, and any other essential items in your carry-on case as a precaution. If your luggage is lost in transit, you’ll still be able to carry the essentials.
4. All security regulations must be followed to the letter. Avoid carrying electronics, knives or batteries. Check-in luggage must contain all dangerous items, such as razors, knives, and scissors.
5. If asked, all electronic devices such as laptops and cell phones must be charged fully and turned on in compliance with the rules. Cell phone use is not allowed while in flight. Do not make or receive calls or plan to do so while in the air.
6. Bring a photo-ID to the airport. Verify that you have all your tickets.
7. Pre-book parking for the airport. This will help you save time and energy in searching for a suitable spot. Try private lots if the airport parking is full or too inconvenient.
8. Check the schedule of your flight before leaving the house. Check the time of check-in for your flight. You should leave with enough time. You won’t need to hurry from the terminal to the gate.
9. You can learn about common travel scams. No matter where you are in the world you will always encounter people who want to take your money. You might be lucky and they will seem obvious, but you can also find more sophisticated con artists.
10. You can ask locals for advice if you want to find out which areas are safe.
Inflammables and aerosols are prohibited for all passengers. The following items are also prohibited: guns, even with a valid license; hunting rifles; baseball bats; golf clubs; pool cues or ski equipment. Darts. Due to terrorist threats, it’s illegal to mention hijackings or bomb threats. You should be careful who you choose to become friends with. Accepting a letter or package sent to a person, known or not, is never advisable. You should never leave luggage or parcels unattended. If you see any, bring them to the attention of authorities. Take clothes that are appropriate for the climate where you’re going. Enjoy your flight by preparing well.
Check online before leaving to see if there have been any changes made or alterations made. The majority of airports offer easy-to-use websites. Find out on the website where you are and where to park your vehicle. When using public transportation, only pick up services at official pickup points. Vehicles must be marked with official marks. Do not be fooled by anyone who offers special deals or privileges.